Paediatric Tui Na
Paediatric Tui Na is a form of external therapy to stimulate specific acupuncture points or areas for treating and preventing paediatric diseases in children. It also helps to stimulate growth and brain development in children.
Paediatric Tui Na is a combination of massage, acupressure and other forms of body manipulation; it works by applying pressure to acupoints, meridians and groups of muscles or nerves to remove blockages that prevent the free flow or circulation of qi and blood.
What are the benefits of Paediatric Tui Na?
Paediatric Tui Na is performed according to the characteristics of children's physiology and pathology. The effects of Paediatric Tui Na treatment for common paediatric diseases of the respiratory system and digestive system are pronounced. Paediatric Tui Na is also suitable for illnesses like flu, fever, cough, stomach ache, diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, frequent bedwetting, night crying, stiff neck, short sightedness etc.
Paediatric Tui Na also improves overall health by strengthening the child's immune system. The child is less lethargic and has a better appetite. In turn, this promotes growth in children and boosts their brain power.
As there is no need to consume medication or have injections, children can more easily accept treatment in the form of Paediatric Tui Na.
What happens during a session?
Before the massage, a diagnosis will be done and your child's history, including physical traumas, medication, past surgeries and lifestyle will be recorded.
Typically before the start of the session, the child will be required to expose the affected parts of the body. A towel will be used to cover these parts to prevent your child from catching a cold. Generally, paediatric massage starts from the head, then the upper limbs, chest and abdomen, back and finally the lower limbs.
Each session is usually 30mins or less, depending on the techniques used and the duration for each point. The duration of treatment can vary according to your child's age, physical body condition and type of illness.
Who is suitable?
As a guideline, Paediatric Tui Na is suitable for children under the age of 6 years old.
What should I take note for my child before and after the treatment session?
- Do not go on an empty or a full stomach
- Wear loose clothing
- Keep warm and avoid cold places
- Drink warm water
- Avoid raw and cold foods, sweet and oily foods
Eu Yan Sang Paediatric Tuina service is available by selected physician on selected days at the below clinics. Please call the clinic to check availability and to book appointment:
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Ang Mo Kio
Tel: 6451 4977
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Buangkok Square Mall
Tel: 6659 1977
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Chinatown
Tel: 6223 5085
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Clementi Mall
Tel: 6774 5178
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Eastpoint Mall
Tel: 6785 9159
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Hougang Mall
Tel: 6385 5969
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Punggol Waterway Point
Tel: 6875 7004
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Sembawang
Tel: 6556 4528
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Serangoon Nex
Tel: 6634 8042
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Tampines Century Square Mall
Tel: 6783 6911
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Tiong Bahru Plaza
Tel: 6278 6348
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Clinic @ Woodlands MRT Station
Tel: 6365 6518
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Wellness Clinic @ Royal Square Novena
Tel: 6266 6339
- Eu Yan Sang TCM Wellness Clinic @ Plaza Singapura
Tel: 6238 1801
- Eu Yan Sang Premier TCM Centre @ HarbourFront Centre
Tel: 6271 0788